Another handy tool built into Microsoft Word is its thesaurus. This tool will help you to find synonyms so that the content of the paper does not seem repetitive. Here's how to use it:
To use the thesaurus in-text:
1. Select and right-click on the word you want to look up.
2. Go to "Synonyms." From there, a list of potential synonyms will appear. Select the one you want OR go to Step 3.
3. While still in this menu, click on "Thesaurus."
4. The built in thesaurus will appear in the right pane.
To access the thesaurus tool without selecting a word:
1. Go to the "Review" tab.
2. Click on Thesaurus.
3. The thesaurus tool will appear in the right pane.